YORKSHIRE SWIMMING ASSOCIATION WINTER COMPETITION 2021 – LOWER AGE GROUPS Saturday 23rd & Sunday 24th October 2021
Ponds Forge International Sports Centre, Sheffield, Short Course
Good luck to all of our lower age group swimmers attending the Yorkshires this weekend.
Swimmers it is advised to take a lateral flow test before the meet & arrive beach ready as the venue will be busy. Arriving beach ready will minimize the Covid risk in the changing area’s.
The poolside team will meet our swimmers at Ponds Forge inside the foyer on Saturday at 7:45am. Any swimmers arriving late should go directly to the Kingfishers allocated seating area on the left hand balcony.
Any swimmers that cannot attend this weekend please can you contact the coaches so that you can be withdrawn from the meet.
The poolside team are:
- Jon Cheshire
- Zoe Naylor
- Mike Draper
Our swimmers are:
- Sami Baloch
- Harry Brown
- James Draper
- Bethany Adams
- Grace Eblet
- Olivia Eblet
- Callie Hammond
- Laila Hammond
- Brooke Kitto
- Bess Naylor
- Niambh Noble
- Saphire Tingle
- Sam Race
Please speak to the coaching team this week to finalize arrangements & contact numbers for the Saturday & Sunday.
All submitted entries have been accepted.
A Programme may be downloaded or printed from here.
There will be selling a limited number of programmes to be sold at the event.
Warm Up will commence 1 hour before the Start of the Session. It will be a split into
separate age groups.
If a swimmer/team is not going to swim in a heat they must inform the Entry Manager of their intention to withdraw no later than 5pm on the Thursday Evening for all events over the weekend. Seeded Heat Start lists will be produced. Notifications should be sent to email@example.com
The next page lists a number of requirements which must be met by all those attending this meet. Swimmers are requested to only remain the building for as long as is necessary for them to complete their events. Once they have swum their programme, for a particular session, they are requested to vacate the building. Please ensure that you are met by a responsible person.
1. Covid–19 is currently rife in our Schools. You are requested to undertake a Covid19
Lateral Flow Test, within the 72 hours before you are due to attend the Meet.
2. You must complete a ‘Return to Competition Health Declaration Form’ and deposit it with your Club before the competition. The form can be found on our Swim England Returning to Pool Resources here
3. It will be the responsibility of each Club to ensure that they have a copy of the form for each swimmer, or a similar record form produced by the Club. Many swimmers will have already completed such a form.
4. You are requested to wear a Face mask at all times when moving about in the venue. You may remove it when seated and before you enter the water.
5. Swimmers & Team Staff will enter the pool area downstairs through the Changing Village. They should then use the stairs from the pool deck to access their seating area. Spectators will access the Balcony through the double doors from the Foyer. They will have to produce evidence of purchasing a ticket to the Stewards stationed at this point.
6. Coaches are requested to remain with their swimmers at all times, except during Warm Up.
7. Athletes should arrive, where possible, in beach wear ready to swim
8. The Marshalling area will be on the Pool Deck, Spectator Balcony side. Please social distance whenever possible.
9. The Diving Pit will not be used for Swim Down. There will be 9 lanes available in the Main Pool. If the Swim Down Pool is not used in a sensible manner it will be closed.
10. All those attending should make frequent use of the sanitiser points round the venue.
11. Swimmers will be allowed to visit the Café or Swim shop. They should ensure that they are wearing suitable footwear when not swimming. Please maintain Social Distancing at all times.