URGENT – YSA Championships Ticket Problems
Kingfishers Yorkshire Entries – Swimmers please check your entries here…
IMPORTANT – YSA Championships 2022 Session and Ticket Information
All entries for the Yorkshire Championships have been accepted.
Session Information is below together with details of Spectator Ticket Sales for the events at Leeds & Sheffield.
Swimming Championships (50m) 2022
Saturday 5th February: 9am & 2-30pm (Warm Up 8am & 1-30pm)
Sunday 6th February: 9am & 2pm (Warm Up 8am & 1pm)
Saturday 12th February: 9am & 2-30pm (Warm Up 8am & 1-30pm)
Sunday 13th February: 9am & 2-30pm (Warm Up 8am & 1-30pm)
Saturday 26th February: 9am & 2pm (Warm Up 8am & 1pm)
Sunday 27th February: 8-30am – Mixed Sex 800m Freestyle (Warm Up 8am)
A capacity limit has been set for the John Charles Centre for Sport and Ponds Forge International Sports Centre so we will be pre-selling Spectators tickets, as we did for the Winter Competitions in 2021.
Purchase of tickets will be via an online system with tickets being sold on a first come/first served basis until the capacity is reached. We will not be selling tickets at the venue.
Applicants will only be able to purchase one ticket for each day.
There will be no concessions except one child under 5 will be admitted when accompanying a ticket holder.
Leeds – https://www.swimmingresults.org/events/yorkshirechamps22ticketsleeds/
Sheffield – https://www.swimmingresults.org/events/yorkshirechamps22ticketssheffield/
We welcome offers of help from technical officials at all our events. If you are able to assist us for any of the sessions please contact our Officials Coordinator, email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Kingfishers SC Yorkshire Qualified Swimmers
The following swimmers have achieved qualification times for the Yorkshire Championships.
Please can you advise Shaun Vasey before Monday 10th January if you want to enter. Please advise your race selection if not wanting to enter all events.
This meet will take place over 4 weekends at Leeds & Sheffield so please check & review which weekends your races are taking place when making your selections.
Please find below link for Yorkshire Meet details & conditions.
Race Schedule & Location
Yorkshire Swimming Association Swimming Championships Conditions 2022
The organisation of the Swimming Championships shall be in the hands of the Yorkshire Swimming Associations Management Board with powers delegated to Swimming Secretary.
The Championships shall be held under the relevant FINA/Swim England Technical and Judicial
1. (a) The Championships shall be open to all bona fide members of Clubs affiliated to the Yorkshire Swimming Association and where required the relevant Entry Time. If a competitor is a member of than one affiliated club then the club he names on his first entry of the year shall be his declared club for that Championships. For the purpose of this rule, Swimming, Diving, Synchronized Swimming and Water Polo shall be considered separately. Entries will not be accepted from Local, Private, Youth or Schools’ Associations that consist of a group of clubs.
(b) For age group purposes a swimmer’s age is their age as on the 31st December 2022.
(c) Age groups are 10/11yrs, 12 yrs, 13yrs, 14yrs, 15yrs, 16yrs, 17 & over yrs for all events with the exception of the 800m & 1500m Freestyle and the 400m I.M. when there will be no events for 10/11yrs.
(d) Consolidated heats will be used.
(e) There will be a final for all ages and events with the exception of the 200m & 400m Events for swimmers under 14 years which will be Heat Declared Winner. The 800m & 1500m Freestyle events will be Heat Declared Winner for all age groups.
(a) Championship entries must be made by the relevant Club Official using the Online Entry System to download from the Web Site www.swimmingresults.org.
(b) Entry Fees are required to be paid, before any entries can be accepted, on completion of the Online Entry Process.
(c) The entry fees are: Individual Entry: £5.00. Team Entry: £15.00.
(d) The Swimming Secretary has the authority to adjust the number of entries accepted to ensure the
smooth running of the Championships.
(e) Submitted entry times will be used for seeding and rejection purposes where necessary.
(f) 10 lanes will be used for both heats and finals.
3. Entry Standards
(a) Standard Entry Times (SET) are fixed annually for all individual events. A swimmer’s Entry Time must have been achieved no earlier than the 1st January 2020.
All times used for entry into the Championships must be verifiable on the British Rankings (Levels 1-4)
The Online Entry System will automatically download the current Ranked Time for each swim, converted for long course. The Club Official doing the entries will be unable to alter these times.
(b) Swimmers with a current Para Swimming Classification should email
email@example.com with full details of the events they wish to swim.
(a) Awards will be given to all swimmers placed 1st, 2nd & 3rd in a Final or Heat Declared Winner event.
(b) Pennants will be available for those swimmers placed 4th – 10th in an event.
5. Meet Procedure
(a) No Entry cards will be used in this gala. If a swimmer/team is not going to swim in a heat they must inform the Entry Manager of their intention to withdraw no later than 6pm on the Friday Evening for Saturday events and by 12noon on the Saturday for Sunday Events. Seeded Heat Start lists will be produced. Notifications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
(b) There shall be not less than 15 minutes interval between the last heat of any particular event and
the final of that event. After the heats, when there are two or more swimmers from the heats with the
same time for reserve place, there shall be no reserve in the final.
(c) Finalists including reserves who intend to withdraw must inform the Recorders no later than 15
minutes after the heat result has been published.
(d) No swimmer shall be allowed, under any circumstances, to swim for a ‘Time only’.2
6. Team Events
(a) Clubs may enter more than one team in any event. An individual swimmer may only swim for one team in a particular event. Where more than one team is from one particular club and competes in the same event then swimmers cannot interchange between teams in that event. Swimmers may enter in their own age group event plus the 13 & over event, if appropriate.
(b) Each competing Club shall submit a list of the names of its swimmers in each team, in swim order, to the Recorders no later than 30 minutes prior to the start time of the session in which the event takes place. If the individuals or swim order is changed for a final an amended list of swimmers shall be submitted prior to the start of the final.
7. (a) Team staff requiring access to the poolside must be in possession of a Pass issued by the Yorkshire S.A. These may be obtained via the Online Entry System – 2022 Fee: £15. This Pass covers all Championship Galas but not the Winter Competitions.
It is important that we know the names of each member who is issued with a poolside pass.
Poolside passes must be on display at all times. All Team Staff must have a current DBS Certificate and have undertaken a Safeguarding Course.
(b) Yorkshire Swimming Association will NOT be responsible for any unaccompanied swimmers on
the poolside. The responsibility falls on the club entering the swimmer.
8.(a) It is the intention of the Yorkshire Swimming Association to provide a Warm-up /Swim-down
facility at each of its Championships. These will be supervised by facility staff /warm-up marshals.
Swimmers using these facilities must follow any instructions issued by these supervisors. Clubs through their coaches /team managers will be held responsible for the behaviour/actions of their swimmers using these facilities.
(b) Photography – The rules and standing operating procedures (SOPs) of the facility where the Championships are being held must be observed.
9. (a) The Yorkshire S.A. Board/Swimming Management has the power to vary the Championship Conditions prior to an event closing date. Notice of any such variance, together with its date of operation, will be published on the YSA Website Supplementary Conditions (Para Swimming)
The general conditions for the Championships shall apply to the Para Swimming events except where varied by any of the following conditions:
• All competitors must have an authorized British Swimming or WPS Swimming classification,
which is held on the British Swimming classification database at the time of entry.
• All competitors must be registered as members of a swimming club affiliated to Swim England, Scottish Swimming Swim Wales at the time of entry.
• Para Swimmers will compete in their own age group as listed in Championship Conditions.
• Medals: Medals shall be awarded to the top three British Para-Swimming Point scorers in each event, irrespective of age. Medals shall be awarded during the relevant session that the event has taken place
KUHSC Hull Swimming Gala – Important Final Meet Information
Venue: Ennerdale Leisure Centre Hull, Sutton Rd, Hull HU7 6EA
This weekend we have the Richardson Short Course gala at Hull – Friday 10th/11th/12th December. Please be aware that this event will be very busy & Covid restrictions will be required to be followed as applicable by all. We do not have any swimmers for the Friday evening so we will only attend Saturday & Sunday.
Swimmers: Please meet at the pool at 7:30am – 7:45am warm up starts at 8:00am Saturday & Sunday. As normal please be pool ready & don’t forget plenty of drinks & snacks……
Poolside Team Saturday: Mike Draper, Kev Hope & Charlotte Adams
Poolside Team Sunday: Mike Draper, Zoey Naylor & Jack Naylor
The Richardson Short Course 2021 meet information as follows:
Friday 10th, 11th and 12thDecember 2021
It is KUHSC responsibility to ensure we operate safely.
The following guidance has been put together after discussions with Hull Culture and Leisure and Swim England.
KUHSC have now had confirmation from Hull Culture and Leisure, to the maximum capacity of spectators for our Open Meet in October.
Prior to the gala
Firstly, we ask that everyone attending does a lateral flow test before the gala (either the evening before or in the morning before the gala). If you test positive or develop any Covid symptoms, please follow Government guidelines.
Friday 10thDecember 2021
There will be a limit of 2 spectators per family.
Saturday 11th December and Sunday 12th December 2021
There will be a limit of one spectator per family, extra tickets may be available on the day (although no guarantee) and these will be distributed fairly, to the clubs attending.
On arrival at the pool – swimmers will be allowed to enter first
Parents/guardians must queue outside from the bottom of the steps at the Ennerdale entrance – maintaining social distancing at all times
- Maintain social distancing in the car park
- Avoid congregating at all times
- Maintain social distancing when leaving and entering the car park – keep in family groups
Facility entrance and reception area
- Social distancing in queue – family groups to keep together
- We advise masks to be worn in public areas – on entry and in corridors
- Bring exact change to pay/pay by card (£3 entry Friday evening and £6 on Saturday and Sunday, programs £4).
- Use hand sanitiser on entry and as needed thereafter.
- Go straight to the spectators gallery/pool side – no lingering in corridors/entrance
- Parents / spectators must remain in the spectators area at all times unless entering/leaving the building/ using the toilets
- We would advise spectators to wear masks.
- Family groups to stay seated together leaving a seat between families – masks may be worn but it is not compulsory
- Please leave the facility promptly on departure.
Athletes to arrive beach ready/in costume ready to swim.
- Minimize use of changing rooms
- No parents must enter changing rooms
- Swimmers must be prompt in the changing rooms if they need to use them
- All members to keep following coronavirus advice including
- regular handwashing
- social distancing
- wearing a face covering where recommended
Athletes to leave straight from poolside and not change where possible – swimmers will be directed to leave via the changing rooms or straight from the poolside via the stairs. Showers will not be available to use.
- Social distancing protocols to be followed at all times
- Clubs to sit in designated areas with coach – swimmers will be directed to their squad seating area on arrival.
- Club groups to be maintained in between heats and events
- Swimmers will be sent for heats, one heat at a time as directed by coach/announcer
During the gala
Social distancing protocols – clubs to stay together – no mixing of clubs on poolside/in changing rooms
- Masks maybe removed in spectator gallery, although at this time we would advise people to wear them.
- Swimmers/Officials /marshals to use hand sanitizer regularly/ when required
- Timekeepers / officials to get own water and use hand sanitizer before and after taking a bottle
- Over the top starts will be used and swimmers to leave pool on spectators side to walk back to their club seating area
- Pre and post pool exercise are not allowed on poolside
- Results will not be displayed in the building – they will be available online
- Medals will be distributed to the clubs, after results are published online.
- Covid-19 Risk Assessment to be shared with the club for all parents/members to read
- Completion of Return to Competition screening survey for every swimmer
- Parents and Coaches to advise swimmers to follow protocols set out in the risk assessment
- All members to keep following coronavirus advice including:
- Regular handwashing
- Social distancing
- Wear a face covering where recommended – public areas – corridors/toilets and entrance hall
- Swimmers must bring as little as possible and keep all their belongings together
- Cleaning protocols –
- Hand sanitizer to be used when required
- No equipment to be shared including stop watches/ pens/clipboards
- All equipment to be wiped down at the end of each session and hand sanitizer used when required.
- Leave the building promptly and use the hand sanitizer
- Wait outside for your swimmer
- Social distancing is required at all times – inside and outside
Please be reminded that there will be no swimming training this Saturday 20th November. This is due to the SaDSA championships been held at the pool.
Normal sessions resume Sunday 21st November…..
SaDSA Championships – Important Final Meet Information
This weekend we have our SaDSA gala at the Everyone Active Village – Saturday 20th November. Please be aware that this event will be very busy & Covid restrictions will be required to be followed as applicable by all.
These are available at the pool on a first come first served basis. Please arrive early to avoid disappointment as tickets are limited & they will be big demand. It may be wise to arrive early if you are planning to spectate at this event.
The changing areas will be out of bounds for spectators!!
Swimmers: Please meet at the pool at 8am – 8:15am warm up starts at 8:30am. As normal please be pool ready & don’t forget plenty of drinks & snacks……
Poolside Team: Jon Cheshire, Kev Hope, Zoe Naylor & Tim Hammond
Promotors Information: https://www.thesadsa.co.uk/Paperwork/Champs/SaDSA%20Champs%202021%20promotor.pdf
Schedule of Events
Session 1 – Morning
Warm-up – Girls: 8:30am – 8:55am, Boys: 9:00am – 9:25am, First Heat 09:30am
101 Boys 9 & over 100m Freestyle
102 Girls 9 & over 100m Butterfly
103 Boys 9 & over 50m Backstroke
104 Girls 9 & over 50m Breaststroke
105 Boys 9 & over 200m Individual Medley
106 Girls 9 & over 100m Freestyle
107 Boys 9 & over 100m Butterfly
108 Girls 9 & over 50m Backstroke
109 Boys 9 & over 50m Breaststroke
110 Girls 9 & over 100m Individual Medley
Session 2 – Afternoon
Warm-up – Boys: 13:00pm – 13:25pm, Girls: 13:35pm – 13:55pm, First Heat 14:00pm
201 Girls 9 & over 100m Backstroke
202 Boys 9 & over 100m Breaststroke
203 Girls 9 & over 50m Butterfly
204 Boys 9 & over 50m Freestyle
205 Girls 9 & over 200m Individual Medley
206 Boys 9 & over 100m Backstroke
207 Girls 9 & over 100m Breaststroke
208 Boys 9 & over 50m Butterfly
209 Girls 9 & over 50m Freestyle
210 Boys 9 & over 100m Individual Medley
Good luck everyone !!
Go – Go Kingo’s
Yorkshire & Regional Qualifier – Hull Swimming Club Gala (Dec 10th, 11th & 12th)
The head coach & coaching team have decided to give swimmers the opportunity in early December (9th, 10th & 11th) to swim at this meet in Hull.The meet will allow our swimmers to achieve qualification times for the Yorkshire Championships at the end of January. This meet has some 200m & 400m races.
Please note the 400m free & 400m IM is only open to 11 years & over.
We only have a short window in time to make our entries as the official entry window closes on 10th November. With this in mind I would appreciate if all swimmers wanting to enter this meet can make their selections in Swim Manager before this Sunday 14th November.
Once we have all entries in I will send to the meet organisor & we will then have to await for acceptance.
KINGSTON UPON HULL SWIMMING CLUB
(Affiliated to ASA NER Region)
The Richardson Short Course 2021
Under ASA Laws & ASA Technical Rules
Licensed Level 3 Event[License Pending]
For entry into Regional and County Championships
Friday 10thDecember 2021
Saturday 11thDecember 2021
Sunday 12thDecember 2021
Ennerdale Leisure Centre, Hull
Wishing all of our Kingfishers swimmers good luck for this weekends Regional Short Course Championships.
Our Swimmers are:
- Sami Balloch
- Harry Brown
- David Hope
- Sam Race
- Bethany Adams
- Grace Eblet
- Olivia Eblet
- Bess Naylor
- Eliza Hammond
- Aaron Gilson
Many thanks to our poolside team who without their support this wouldn’t be possible, Zoe Naylor, Tim Hammond & Kev Hope.
For those who are competing at the weekend in the North East Regional Short Course Swimming Championships, please see below links to the live results:
The competition will also be live streamed via our YouTube page meaning you can cheer on your swimmers and team mates from the comfort of your own home: https://tinyurl.com/4aay69wk!
Why not follow the link above & cheer our Kingo swimmers on……..
Best of luck to all competitors and volunteers for the event.
Good luck everyone, swim fast & compete well but most of all enjoy your races.