Allison Ascough & Shaun Vasey are co-ordinating Open Meet entries for Scarborough, Sheffield, Harrogate, Bridlington (etc.) and other meets from the 2019 events calendar. They can be contacted in person at most club training sessions.
Please also see the closed Facebook Group for current updates, deadlines and announcements relating to meets.
For 2019 further information will also be posted on this page.
To reduce errors it is parent/guardian’s responsibility to check Swim England records are correct – particularly for date of birth – to ensure entries can be successfully made for Open Meets.
Click on ‘Information’ in the menu bar above and look on the right hand menu for ‘Swim England Membership Check’ to do this.
New To Swimming Gala’s – All you need to know:
How to Enter
- The Club will issue a Gala Calendar at the beginning of each season and it will be updated as more Gala dates are released. The Calendar will be put on the website and on the notice board. 2019 events calendar
- The Head Coach determines which squads are to attend which gala and this will be noted on the Competition Calendar.
- Check the programme of events to see how the events run for your age group.
- Your Coach will be able to advise on the events you should be entering.
- Check if you have achieved the qualifying standards and fall within the upper and/or lower qualifying time limit for each event. Remember to use Long Course (50m) or Short Course (25m) times appropriate to the Gala being entered. Where necessary use Sports System Equivalent Time Converter to convert your times. (LC to SC or SC to LC) Pullbuoy Time Convertor
- Fill out a Kingfisher Gala Entry Form, obtained from the front desk on club nights or ask Shaun Vasey. Include all the information requested:
- Name of Gala Entered
- Swimmers Name
- Age on day or at 31 December dependent on the Gala Conditions
- Date of Birth
- ASA Number
- Races that you wish to be entered into…. Please note it is mandetory that your swimmers Pb times are also recorded on the entry.
Swimmers Personal Best Times
These can be found in the Swimming Rankings Database.
All times swam at licensed meets are held in this database. When entering a gala the time from this database will be official entry time used by the gala organisers
Click the following link to gain access to your times & enter your ASA membership number or family name: https://www.swimmingresults.org/individualbest/